A doctor is available 24 hours a day, for patients too unwell to attend the clinic, or if it is more convenient for you to be seen at home or at your hotel, by simply contacting (00351) 289 588923. If this number should be temporarily unavailable, further contact numbers to call are 707282828 or (00351) 282 420400. The duty doctor will come to your home or hotel.
We offer the following services in the clinic:
- Minor Surgery
- Laboratory Tests (blood, urine etc)
- Vaccination information and administration
- Ear syringing
- Flu Vaccine
- Pneumonia Vaccine
- Bowel Cancer screen
- INR (blood thinning test)
- Diabetic clinic
- Cardiovascular risk assessment.(cholesterol and blood pressure monitoring)
- Fitness to fly certificates
- Forgotten medication
- Speech Therapy
- Advice on related paramedical areas: hearing tests, wheelchair hire, oxygen hire
Apart from these regular services, the HPA group runs regular specialist clinics at the IHC by appointment.
We offer the following referral services:
- X Ray (same day)
- Ultra sound
- CAT scan
- Bone density scan
- Other ancillary tests are also available, please contact us
Most medical specialities are covered by the HPA group.
Priority and urgent appointments can be arranged through the International Health Centres, please contact us on (00351) 289 588923.
In patient care
The International Health Centres works closely with the HPA group, and admissions to the HPA hospital in Gambelas (Faro) and Alvor (Portimao) can be arranged and co-ordinated through us. Your GP at the International Health Centres makes the necessary arrangements with the specialist concerned.